So the other day I went into my closet to try on some clothes that were the next size down because I have been anxiously waiting to wear that smaller size. This was especially true after had gone shopping and purchased some capris that were a size 18/20 (ok no laughing) so I was certain that the Lee's capri jeans that I had in my closet would fit (size 20) and even had the hopes that they would be loose since the new capris were even smaller.
But no!! I had to lay on my bed, suck in my gut, and yank that zipper slowly but surely up. Now, without breathing, I could wear those white capri jeans. But I do have to breath so I guess these jeans are just going to have to wait for another few pounds off.
For years I have seen clothes that say "One size fits all" and recently I saw that the verbiage had changed to "One size fits most"...think that someone must have complained. This clothing size dilemma is very frustrating. It all depends on the brand, material, etc so you are forced to try on everything before you take it home...not my favorite way to shop. I am sure in the days of the caveman
that one size did fit all. All you had to do was grab your trusty club, kill a mammoth, skin it and shape it into an off the shoulder robe. Life was so much simpler then and no fashion statement was required.
So, until everyone gets on the same page we will continue to purchase clothes that we are certain will fit, that looks good on us and feel extremely proud when something fits that is in a smaller size than what we normally wear because we love vanity sizing.



That is exactly why I cut all of the tags out of all my clothes, don't want to take any chances of know what size anything is!!!
ReplyDelete